Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Massing update for Monday and Wednesday



when i was designing my massing on Monday i was unable to post because i lost my work , but i didn't like the design anyway. i started with this new design base off of a cars "turbo" , which forces more air in to the motor , more air more power. 




I took that design and started to more the curves in a turning style in order for me to show movement in the massing.







The last design is something that i started new but it has some of the same ideas as my last post. I wanted to keep working on the old design idea because  i agree with everyone's ideas .What i did differently this time was show that people can go outside and enjoy the view. Everything that is red are space, the top is a exhibition space and the bottom is class room and restaurants. The picture below shows the spaces the best, the blue area is the massing.I will keep working on the massing and making a suitable entrance for the design.

6 comments:

  1. I need you to sit back and reread what text you posted and proof read it with punctuation (at least capital I's) I do not understand what the red space is?
    If you are going to color code your massing tell us what the colors represent. I do think the bottom images are more successful than your pinwheel shape - I do not know where this came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post has been updated prof. The spaces are exhibition space on the top and the bottom is class room and restaurants.

      Delete
  2. Pedro, have you tried sketching some of these ideas on tracing paper before building the above 3D computer models?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pedro,

    I think you've fallen into the trap of shapemaking for the sake of shapemaking. If you are going to wrap a skin over your 'engine', the skin firstly needs to relate to whats happening within your building (so needs to be designed from the inside out), and secondly to the site. At the moment, it just appears to be a stadium that could be dropped anywhere, rahter than responding to the great site around you or the content within it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to redesign it from the inside out so it can respond to the site better.

      Delete